Each student will need:
- 10-12 Water Bottles
- Tempera or Acrylic Paint (Watch Tempera for cracking)
- Hair Dryer
- Popsicle Sticks ( I know weird, but it acts as an anchor the the water bottles)
- Each student cut the bottoms of the water bottle off and painted the INSIDE of the bottles in solid or patterned designs.
- Once dry students cute in swirls lines, zigzags, you name it to create and interesting look.
- The students then slid their pieces on and with the heat from a hair dryer pulled their plastic to create a fun animated sculpture to hang in their home or my classroom if they wanted.
The students seemed to really enjoy it and everyone seemed to have great results from it!
If you have any lessons that you do with your art club please let me know! I think next year I am putting a limit on how many can join so I can do fun things from the get go!